Updated Travel Regulations and Requirements for Bali
To determine what regulations apply, travelers must take into account the following two factors:
- The General Travel Requirements in relation to Covid & Vaccination Regulations, Customs, Passport Validity, etc. The following FAQ below will guide you through the requirements so you can plan your trip effectively.
- The Visa Regulations which are related to your passport and citizenship, your length of stay, and your travel purpose. Click for Visa Requirements for all nationalities
- SIMcards & e-Sims online (NEW)
- Hotels & Resorts
- Private Villas & Rentals
- Trekking Tours & Sightseeing
- Car Rental with Driver (half-full day)
- Airport Transfer DPS
- International Driving License
- Bali Scooter & Bike Rental
- Cheap Flights to Bali
- Medical Travel Insurance (incl. Covid coverage)
- Golf Tee Time
Updated travel regulations and quarantine requirements for Bali & Indonesia
Yes, covid related restrictions have been lifted. However not everything is how it was before the pandemic.
The visa regulations are updated and still changing regularly.
Travelers do NOT need to show proof of being fully vaccinated anymore, however the Indonesian government still "suggest" travelers to be fully vaccinated or "boosted".
Id you are not a national of the 9 ASEAN countries or Timor Leste, you NEED a Visa to enter Indonesia and Bali. Which Visa depends on your nationality, travel purpose and length of stay. Please click on the button below to check what applies to you.Bali Visa Requirements
As of 9th of June, travelers do NOT need to show proof of vaccination anymore. However the Indonesian government "suggests" to be fully vaccinated.
Translated main points of the new regulation:
Regulations can change and some authorities and airlines might be stricter than others in enforcing the regulations, or might not have updated their own regulations. Sometimes airlines even struggle to stay up to date and might ask for documents, that are effectively not necessary anymore. Please make sure to check also your airline's requirements for traveling to Indonesia, just to make sure, the airline does not require more, than what is officially necessary at this point.
Disclaimer: Bali.com is not representing the government or any official authority in regards to covid-related travel regulations. We are doing our best to keep our visitors up-to-date and provide clear information and only share regulations that have been officially confirmed by the government. However we cannot be held responsible for any inaccurate information and changes in regulations that might occur.
Other MANDATORY Requirements
- Fill in the ONLINE Customs declaration Form: E-CD (Electronic Custom Declaration) if you are arriving in Bali. SAVE TIME AT THE AIRPORT and fill in the form BEFORE you arrive.
- Return ticket - airlines and also the immigration authorities can insist that you have a return ticket that is within the time-frame of your visa validity,
- Passport, needs to be valid at least 6 months from day of arrival. No exceptions, they will send you back otherwise!
- The passport needs at least one empty page.
- Emergency Passports and Temporary Travel Documents are these days not accepted
- Download of the SatuSehat App (android or IOS) is NOT necessary anymore as per regulation from the 9th of June.
Optional - Suggestions from Bali.com
YES. But not all airlines are back to the full schedule.
And prices have significantly gone up overall.
If you can't get a flight to Bali you can still choose the option to come via Jakarta and then take a domestic flight to Bali. Airlines such as Citilink, Batik Air, Air Asia, Lion Air, and Garuda are flying to Bali very regularly. Ticket price one way 50-150USD.
Particularly if the price difference between flying to Jakarta and flying directly to Bali are very high, then this might be worth it.
- Starting January 2023 all COVID related travel restrictions (PPKM measures) regarding tests and masks have been lifted by the president
- The situation is overall well under control. More than 170mio people have been vaccinated.
Medical Insurance covering covid-related costs
If you need a reliable "4-weeks medical insurance" that covers also covid related expenses you can sign up below.
International Travel Insurance / Nomad Insurance / Medical Travel Insurance for 4 weeks or longer.
The medical insurance is not a travel requirement anymore.
Don't bring more than the equivalent value of IDR 100,000,000 cash into the country (ca. AUD 10,000).
No, a PCR Test to enter into Bali / Indonesia is not needed anymore. But all travelers need to be fully vaccinated.
Do I need a B211A Visit Visa?
You need a B211A Visit Visa if
Your country is NOT on the list of visa-free & VoA countries
and/or you intend to stay more than 60 days.
Note: The Visa on Arrival has been upgraded and is now good also for the visit purpose of business meetings, sourcing and purchasing goods, meetings, transit, government duties.Information & Online Application