Bali Immigration offices will be closed on 28-30 June 2023 for Eid al-Adha. Please note that all visa applications received during holidays will be processed on 3 July 2023.
If your visa will be expired during the holiday, we kindly remind you to submit your extension request as soon as possible on our website at bali.com and complete the payment immediately or by 27 June 2023 (11:00 am Bali time) at the latest.
You only need a B211A Visa if
- Your country is not listed for Visa on Arrival
- and/or you want to stay longer than 60 days
It’s also the best Visa for Digital Nomads, for now (please read the FAQ about restrictions)
Online Application international Driving License
Needed to Rent a scooter or car
Pre-Book your Scooter or Motorbike online
Delivery Service & 24/7 customer support
Don’t forget to purchase your Prepaid SIMCARD here
Internet Data Packages & eSims
Please make sure you go through following FAQ Section to be well informed about the requirements
Any information on this page is carefully researched. However we are not responsible nor liable for any information that might not be accurate or change. All Visa regulations are decided and implemented by the official immigration authorities only.
FAQ B211A Visit Visa for Bali / Indonesia
You need a B211A Visit Visa ONLY if
your country is NOT on the list of visa-free & VoA countries
- or, you intend to stay longer than 60 days, because only B211A Visas can be extended beyond 60 days
It's easier to list the nationalities that can NOT apply at the moment:
But, due to pre-existing travel restrictions, nationals from following countries CAN NOT (at the moment) apply for visit e-visas for Indonesia, but have to contact directly their embassy outside of Indonesia:
- Kosovo (not recognised)
- North Korea
NO. The immigration regulations are always based on the passport that you are holding (nationality). Residency permits of other countries are not considered.
1. You can apply online with bali.com, and we will facilitate the process with our partner visa agent
- No guarantor letter needed
- no bank statement needed
- can be extended twice, 60days each (extra cost)
- document verification
Reliable, efficient, and 100% online! Details, Prices & Requirements
2. 90+ nationalities (list) can apply for this visa online via the immigration online application website. Also here, you need a Letter from a guarantor declaring responsibility for your stay in Indonesia. And Financial proof for funding your stay in Indonesia of at least USD 2000. (Price is IDR 1,500,000 - 2,000,000. we are uncertain at this point how long the process takes, and how a visa issued directly could be extended).
3. You can approach the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate in your country. You usually need a Letter from a guarantor declaring responsibility for your stay in Indonesia. And Financial proof for funding your stay in Indonesia of at least USD 2000.
B211A Visit Visa
- valid for 60 days
- Day of arrival and day of departure count as full days
- Can be extended twice, each time 60 days, gives you a total of 180 days.
- Each extension needs to be processed via the agent or facilitator that provided the guarantor letter
- If you wish to stay even longer than 180 days you can apply for an onshore visa (applying while in Indonesia) before your initial B211A runs out.
- Travellers who extend any Visa need to appear in person at the immigration office to take photo and fingerprints for each extension.
Offshore means, you are applying for a visa while you are still OUTSIDE of Indonesia. Online Application Offshore
Onshore means, you are applying for a Visa while you are already INSIDE of Indonesia. The onshore B211A Visa is also valid for 60 days and can be extended twice, for 60 days each.
Please note: Getting an Onshore AFTER an Offshore Visa is not the same as getting an extension. It is a brand new Visa, which can itself also be extended twice. Onshore Visa is not available if you have arrived on a Visa on Arrival.
No. This Visa is a "Single Entry Visa" only.
A 1 Year Multiple Entry Visa is now Available (Info and Application Service)
YES. This visa is forIndonesia and not just a region or specific island. Therefore any type of Visa (Visa on Arrival or B211A) is valid for Indonesia and you can travel within Indonesia freely .
|Tourism||Tourism purposes||Foreign nationals can visit places for recreational and personal development or learn about the uniqueness of cultures and tourist attractions. The visa also includes visitors using a yacht.yacht).|
|Social||Family emergency||Visiting or accompanying a sick or deceased father, mother, husband, wife, or sibling.|
|Humanitarian aid||Deliveringhumanitarian assistance,medical support, or food|
|Business (apply here separately)||Business talks and meetings||Discuss, negotiate, or sign business contracts but not supervise production activities to producers/sellers as a regular activity|
|Government official visits||Visiting a place or carrying out a duty as a government official|
|Government official visits for specific events||Visiting a place or carrying out a duty as a government official for Indonesia's presidency in the G20 , the 144th International Session of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) , or the 2022 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GDPRR)|
|Meetings||Participate in meetings held by the head office or representative office in Indonesia.|
|Purchasing goods||Purchasing goods but not supervising production activities to producers/sellers as a regular activity.|
|Transit||Transit||Continue the journey or transit to another country by undergoing the immigration check at the Immigration Border Control.|
|Join a means of transportation (join vessel).||Join a vessel/means of transportation currently in Indonesia's territory to continue the journey to another country.|
|Sport activities||Non-commercial sports activities||Participate in sports activities at the invitation of the Indonesian government, international sports championships, or sports activities organized by international sports organizations.|
Even though the Business Visa Type B211A visa covers business purposes, it’s NOT A WORK PERMIT and does not entitle you to take up any paid job or employment in Indonesia. It does also not entitle you to do any commercial activities or events. This is very strictly handled. if you want bali.com to facilitate your Business Visa please click here.
You can however meet people to discuss business opportunities, do networking, explore investment opportunities, sourcing products and work remotely (digital nomad) as long as you don't make money in Indonesia and with clients in Indonesia.
Beside your personal contact details, these are the documents according to the immigration office regulations, that are currently to be provided for the application:
Note: You need to be fully vaccinated (see travel regulations) and need Covid vaccination status certificates - In English
- The main requirements are as follows:
- National passport valid and valid for at least 6 (six) months or valid travel document and valid for at least 12 (twelve) months for foreigners holding travel documents or without citizenship;
- Proof of funds with minimum 2000USD, Letter from a Guarantor (both requirements not needed if you use Bali.com to facilitate your B211A Visa)
- Return ticket or onward ticket to continue the journey to another country except for the crew of the Conveyance who will stop by to join the ship and continue the journey to another country; and
- Recent color photograph.
- Additional requirements during the covid 19 pandemic which are as follows:
- Statement letter willing to comply with all applicable health protocols in Indonesia;
- Evidence of having received the full dose of the COVID-19 vaccine; technically a proof is not necessary anymore for traveling to Indonesia, However for now, the Indonesian Immigration Online System still requires that document to be uploaded, otherwise they will not process the application. We will update our information once the immigration system will be adjusted to the new regulation, that a proof of vaccination is not needed anymore.
- Proof of ownership of health insurance/travel insurance which includes health financing, and/or a statement of willingness to pay independently if affected by COVID-19 while in Indonesian Territory.
- *.JPEG format
- Size 100kb to 400 kb / document sheet
Terms and conditions:
- Passport photos:
- white background;
- neatly dressed;
- Photo taken within the last 3 months
- Requirement document:
- Not the product of any image manipulation or editing;
- There are no other images/objects visible in the requirements document.
From the day the Visa is issued, you have 90 days to enter into Indonesia. If you arrive later, the Visa won't be valid anymore.
To be honest, we don't know. At this point we have not heard of any plans to do so. This does not mean, that the Indonesian government is not planning to add more countries. But for now, we cannot predict when and which countries would be added. We understand that the Visa costs are substantial. Bali, more than any other region in Indonesia hopes, that all restrictions will be lifted soon, and we can all freely travel again.
No, this is not possible.
Your country is not on the list for direct online application, you don’t have a guarantor? Apply for your B211A visa via bali.com and save yourself some hassle: we will pre-validate your data, handle the application process & payments, provide mandatory guarantor-letter, e-Visa sent to you by email, no bank statement needed, stress-free, we handle all communication with immigration office & visa agents. Prices & Application
THIS IS NOT THE VISA ON ARRIVAL
Visa Requirements for Bali & Indonesia per Country / Nationality
What Visa do I need when traveling to Bali?