How to get from Krakow airport to the city center? Krakow John Paul II Airport is located 15km from the city center. Several options are possible to get from John Paul II airport to Krakow city center such as bus, taxi or airport transfer booked in advance. Find out more about all these options in this article, along with taxi and airport transfer prices from Krakow airport to the city center.
- Take the train to get to the city center of Krakow 🚆
- Take the bus from Krakow airport to the city center 🚍
- Book an airport transfer in advance 🚖
- Take a taxi once there 🚕
1. How to get from Krakow airport to the city center by train?
Once at the airport, you can take the SKA1 train to go to the city center of Krakow. The departure docks are located near the airport. Tickets can be purchased directly on the platform.
- Frequency. SKA1 trains leave approximately every 30 minutes. Find the timetable for the SKA1 train from the airport to the city center here: train timetable.
- Where to get off? Krakow Train Station is the most central stop: KRAKÓW GŁÓWNY (click to open location on Google Maps). Then once at the station, you can go to your accommodation. The location of Krakow train station is quite central. But it will be necessary to evaluate the time necessary according to your accommodation in Krakow. In addition, you can find out more about the districts of Krakow where to stay in our article: Visit Krakow.
- Travel time. It takes less than 20 minutes by train to get from Krakow airport to the city center. Of course, to this time it is necessary to add possibly the waiting time for the train, but especially the time between Krakow station and your accommodation.
Good to know! In Poland, the currency is the zloty. In order to pay on the spot in Zloty, you can use your bank card (your bank will then apply an exchange rate and exchange fees, according to its conditions), or you can also change euros, dollars or another currency into zloty in cash before departure or once there.
2. How to get from Krakow airport to the city center by bus?
Several buses connect Krakow airport to the city center: 252, 208 and 902 (night bus).
- Frequency: waiting time for departure is between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Where to get off? It all depends on the line you are going to take. Find bus timetables on the Krakow Transport website.
- Travel time. To get from Krakow airport to the city center, count 25 minutes for the 252 and 902 buses, and more than 40 minutes for the 208 bus 9night bus). Then, it will be necessary to add to this time, the waiting time at the airport before the departure of the bus, then the travel time on foot from the bus stop to the accommodation.
- Rate. In order to know the bus fares in advance, you can go to this page of the Krakow airport website. Prices are displayed in zloty.
Airport map. John Paul II Airport in Krakow is quite small. However, in order to find your way around better, you can discover the map of Jean Paul II airport on the official website of the airport. Arrivals are at level 0.
3. Book an airport transfer from Krakow airport to the city center
The number 1 advantage of this option is comfort. By booking the transfer from Krakow airport to the city center in advance, we are met in the arrival hall by a driver with a sign and then brought directly to our accommodation (find our more about the best areas in Krakow here: Where to stay in Krakow). So we don’t have to look for a taxi at the airport or carry suitcases through the cobblestone streets of Krakow.
The number 2 advantage of this option is time saving. The journey between John Paul II Airport and Krakow city center will take less than 30 minutes. So we can be at our accommodation quite quickly.
- Rate. About 25 euros for an airport transfer of 2 or 4 people. However, several options of comfort and car size are possible. Select what is best here: book an airport transfer or alternatively on this site.
- Travel time. It takes about 30 minutes from Krakow airport to your accommodation, if it is in downtown Krakow.
The downside could be the price, higher than the bus or train ride. However, from 2 people, the price is ultimately not so excessive, given the gain in comfort and time.
Best things to do in Krakow. Discover how to visit Krakow in 2, 3 or 4 days in our blog post: TOP 10 things to do in Krakow.
4. Take a taxi at Krakow airport
Another option to get from Krakow airport to the city center is to take an airport taxi once you get there. This is also a possible option.
- The taxi fare depends on the distance between the airport and the area you are going to. The city center of Krakow corresponds to Zone 3 or rather Zone 4 of the pricing. The taxi fare from Krakow airport to the city center will therefore be approximately 24 euros (depending on the euro/zloty exchange rate).
- Find taxi fares on the airport website.
The fastest way to get from Krakow Airport to the city center, or from the city center to John Paul II Airport, is to book an airport transfer in advance. Thus, we are greeted directly at the airport upon our arrival. The second fastest option is to take a taxi to be taken on site, without booking in advance. And the third fastest solution to get from Krakow airport to the city center is the train, then the bus.